Salaams and Hello Everybody!
In a nutshell – this blog is about:
- A Muslim guy’s adventures in setting up a Halal side business and lifestyle.
- I’m love looking into life hacking and want to share my experiences of doing this from a Muslim angle.
- Promoting health and fitness. This is really important and I have not seen much said about this focusing on Muslims.
- I’ve recently started following the Paleo diet as I want to trim down. So I’ll let you know how I get on with that.
- Connecting with others and sharing their stories.This blog is for everyone and not just Muslims.
- Meeting new people and making great friends.
- Spreading something positive about Islam.
- Have lots of fun 🙂
The idea of this blog is something that has been in my head for a long time. This idea simply wouldn’t go away. So I have finally managed to get it out to the world.
I’m a Muslim guy living in London, UK. I have a beautiful wife and son. I’m currently working in a full time office job.
The things I want to improve in my life are:
- Wanted more time with my family. I spend 2 hours a day commuting and there are many days when I won’t even get to see my son. As I’m sure other parents will agree, spending time with your child is awesome and you don’t want to miss them growing up.
- Limited holidays/vacation days. Once I had used up my quota for the year, that was it. I had to wait until the following year before going anywhere again. Which can really suck, if you use them up too early in the year.
- No matter how hard you work in a job, you still paid the same. Some days, I would be working long hours and not get any extra compensation.
- Need to get healthier – want to look after myself for later life. Not just grow massive biceps.
- Not enough spare time for religious activities or fun. The only regular days off you get are Saturday and Sunday which just end up getting really crammed and crazy.
I was reading a lot of personal development books when I came across ‘The 4 hour work week’ by Tim Ferris.
This book really changed my perspective on everything and put into my head the following idea:
‘What if you could work less hours and make more money?’
Tim Ferris went into detail about how he created a business that enabled him to work 4 hours a week while making more money then he was before. On top of that, he was able to work from anywhere and was always travelling!
This idea just blew my mind and is exactly what I wanted to. The key to doing this, is going from business worker to a business owner.
So in this blog, I’m going to share my adventures in doing this.
I also started noticing really good Muslim blogs/websites appearing. Many of them are geared around fashion of food. I haven’t too date found anything about Halal side businesses or life hacking. These are subjects I love to read about.
Thats when I thought why not start my own blog. As it sounds like it will be great fun and a good way to hold me accountable for my own business ambitions.
So please join me for the ride as I share with you my adventures on Halal Hustle Guy.
Feel free to contact me on Twitter – @halalhustleguy.